Architectural and Building Consultant. BA (Hons) MSc (aees) Arch.
Promoting Environmental~Ecological Sustainability In the Built Environment
Through Education, Research & Consultancy Services.
Buildability & Building Defects
Including use of IT technology, Hardware and Software Specification, System Design and Build with Training
Software Use, e.g.;
Computer Aided Design using IMSI TurboCAD & Autodesk AutoCAD (City & Guild Qualified).
Graphics, including Adobe Photoshop and Web Applications & Technology, including html, Web 2.0 - Collaboration, Wiki's, Virtual World's - Second Life Resident: Rant Adored, and interest in Local / Remote Smart Metering etc...
Assessment Modelling Software, including;
EnergyPlus Energy Simulation, and,
Embodied Energy & Life Cycle Analysis.
User of web 2.0 software services including Twitter, Facebook &Wiki - specifically TikiWiki.
Second Life Resident: Rant Adored.
Architectural and Building Design / Construction main focus:
Life Cycle Analysis or 'Cradle to Grave' footprint through consideration and practical addressing of everyday processes and activities, relating to;
Sourcing and use of natural resources, particularly those finite, either in raw state, processed or produced, materials, items, products and applications, with associated and involved Energy, including 'Embodied Energy', together with Emissions, Pollutants, Waste and Re-use -
With buildings, actual physical construction, occupation+operation, maintaining+servicing and end-use.
And ultimately a Sustainable and non- Damaging and Harmful respect to the relationship; effects, behaviour and treatment towards our planet, it's make-up: environment, ecology, e,g. flora and fauna and fellow inhabitants, e.g. wildlife, organisms, insects, and animals etc...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
With example work Interest portfolio:
Following 'natural' approach principles of a low 'Cradle to Grave' environmental and ecological 'low' impact, as before, considering and working with, local ecology, geology and climate, utilising whatever resources are readily and typically freely and locally available, recycled or re-used, requring simple straightforward use, e.g. minimal processing / application, i.e. renewable and sustainable, embracing and employing technical property intreaction and enhancements where appropriate and with thought and use for comfort, health or architectural aesthetics:-
- Renewable energy (Solar, Wind etc...)
- Plant / Agro fibres, e.g. Flax, Hemp, Jute, Sisal, Kenaf, Bamboo, Reed, Willow etc..
- Hemp/Lime and Earthern (e.g. Rammed Earth / Pise De Terre) Monolithic Walling
- Earthern (e.g. Rammed Earth / Pise' De Terre)
- 'Eco' Ferro Cement
- Earthship Biotecture
- Timber Frame
- Mud and Stud
- Autonomous building
- Passivhaus as a concept
- Vernacular Indigenous Architecture And Building Construction.
- Intellignent Building Materials, Products and Systems e.g. Phase-change
- Gaia and Permaculture relationships in the Built Environment
- Heat / air permeability loss and Insulation
- Passive Solar Gain
- Natural Ventilation
- Natural Datlighting
- Emissions & Waste
- Site water capture, alternate sewage treatment and water reuse
- Health-welfare occupied living-working Environments inc. Hazardous Materials and Products
- Recycling and Re-use.